Monday, October 1, 2012

Archival Footage



2:04-2:16 soldiers running in formation



4:54- 5:10 bombs exploding

5:33- 534 cannons being fired

7:00-7:12 planes exploding

7:30-7:32 plane exploding in mid air

8:16- 8:28 footage of soldiers
 
For our Dystopia Trailer Projects, my job was to find archival footage that would fit into our premise. The premise my group decided on was that after a long period of war the government banned creativity to keep the citizens in line. I decided that I could use some news reels from WWII to show the time period of hatred and war. I am satisfied with what I found. The Internet archive is a gold mine for quality footage of various eras that don't have copyright licenses. If anyone out there is doing a project about history and needs footage, or knows someone who needs historical footage, show them this website. I can not express how helpful and just flat out cool these movies are. I know I went a little crazy with detail with the second movie, but it had great war battle footage and dogfight videos with in it, just what my group needs to set our scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment