Sunday, November 11, 2012

Capture the Fall

Hey, so, this is the Capture the Fall independent video assignment. For my video I decided that I would take some stills of the woods and footage of the Northwest Branch watershed near where I live--- then add some transitions and music. The end result is a sort of video/slide show that highlights the beauty of nature in autumn. I hike here all the time with my family, including my dog.
This production was also a good opportunity for me to experiment with editing video at home. Up until now, I've spent a lot of after school hours editing in the studio. Equipment's in short supply and it means getting home really late. I tried out Windows MovieMaker on my PC and got a good result even though the software is not quite as professional as Final Cut. It would be great if there was a Windows version of Final Cut. I'm going to look into it.

1 comment: